IBM released this week a report entitled: IBM next five in five. Not so sure about the title, but what it contained was of more interest. This was a report outlining 5 key technologies that will have a large impact on the human race in the next five years. Thanks to the creative generalist for the heads up.
The five are:
1. We will be able to access healthcare remotely, from just about anywhere in the world
2. Mobile phones will start to read our minds:
3. Real-time speech translation — once a vision only in sci-fi — will become the norm:
4. There will be a 3-D Internet:
5. New technologies the size of a few atoms will address areas of environmental importance